Moodle Student Guide
Welcome to your Moodle course! Please email your instructor to confirm that he/she has the correct email address that you plan to use for the class (the NPC-issued student email is recommended).
To access the Moodle course website, where your class is located, please follow these directions:
1. Go to the NPC moodle site at http://moodle.npc.edu (Note: There is no “www” in the address.)
2. At the moodle website, if you do not already have a Moodle account, you can create your own Moodle user name and password by clicking on “Create new account” on the upper left side of the screen. You are required to use your NPC-issued email for account creation. (If you already have a Moodle account, you can skip this step and go to Step 5.)
3. After you create your account, you will receive an email message at the email address you specified when creating your Moodle account. You must click on the link in the email in order to confirm your registration and gain access to Moodle. (Note: sometimes your email spam filter is intercepting messages from Moodle. Please make sure to check your spam/Junk folder in your email. If the message is there, mark it as "not spam/junk" to prevent being filtered in the future. If you still have problem finding it, please contact the Support Center.)
4. After you have received your confirmation link, go back to Moodle and log in.
5. After logging in, you will see a screen with all the NPC online courses listed. You may need to scroll down the page to find the classes listed under the appropriate division (e.g., CTE, AS, NAH), or do a course search using the Search course box at the bottom of the page. Locate the course that you have enrolled in and click on it. Click “Yes” when asked if you want to enroll in the course. If your instructor has an enrollment key (a password) for the Moodle course, he/she will send it to you and you will need that for the first time enrollment.
6. Spend some time clicking the various links within the course web page to discover where various materials are located. You are ready to begin your class.
If you have any questions about the course, please contact your instructor. If you have problems creating or logging into your account, please contact the Support Center.
Before logging into Moodle, you need to confirm that your computer systems meet the following minimum requirements:
1. Operating system: Windows XP or higher for PCs; OS X 10.5 or higher for Macs
2. Computer configuration:
- 2GB of RAM
- 1 GB of free disk space
- Broadband Internet connection (DSL or cable recommended)
- Web browser (Mozilla Firefox is highly recommended)
- Sound card with speakers or headphones
- Printer (recommended but not required)
- Cookies must be enabled (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences)
- Pop-up blocker is turned off (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pop-blocker-settings-exceptions-troubleshooting#w_pop-up-blocker-settings)
4. Browser Requirements
- Mozilla Firefox works best with Moodle. Other browsers such as Internet Explorer or Safari may be used, but may not support all functionalities in Moodle, such as online quizzes and the HTML editor.
- Mozilla Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (http://get.adobe.com/reader/)
- Adobe Flash (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/)
- Adobe Shockwave (http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/)
Find Your Way Around: Moodle Site Access and Course Information:
Access to course tools and contents may vary depending on how your instructor sets them up. Should you have any questions, please contact your instructor. Thank you.
Source: Moodle official site